I know a lot of players are having trouble installing RAN Online in a 64-bit system. Mine has been flawless though. I haven’t got any issues except that I can’t get rid of the 159 error. That’s why I can’t use the built in launcher and I’m using IE instead to launch the game.
If you are planning to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OS, much better if you back up e-Games folder in a USB drive or burn it in a DVD. This way you will not download the entire installer again unless you have a very fast internet connection. It takes only 10 minutes or so to transfer the game client to another computer. Before that, make sure that you also update your Windows 64 bit OS and don’t forget to install .NET Framework 4. Click here to download it.
If you have an antivirus, exclude e-Games folder or RAN Online processes for real time scanning. This is to avoid corrupted files. Refer to the
Now, here’s the step by step guide on how to transfer and install RAN client in a Windows 7 64 bit OS:
1. Open this path: C:\Program Files (x86)
2. Transfer the entire e-Games folder containing the Ran Online client files from your back up device to the exact location provided in step number 1.
Note: If you back up just the Ran Online folder, create a new folder and name it “e-Games”. Then, transfer your back up files inside that folder. This should be the folder structure: C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Games\Ran Online
3. If RAN client is outdated, patch it using launcher.exe inside Ran Online folder. Double click it and let it finish installing the updates.
4. Add Ran Online registry key. Download the file below and then run it afterwards.
5. Open Internet Explorer and open RAN launcher using this web link. For your convenience, bookmark it.
Note: Don’t use Internet Explorer (64-bit)
6. Log-in to your account and check if it pulls up the launcher.
That’s it! Happy Gaming!