If you want to use Korean (Hangul) on your PC, here’s a guide on how to do it:
1. Download Korean Language Pack for Windows 7.
2. Install it. It will take time to finish.
3. Reboot your PC.
5. Click Windows Start button. Go to Control Panel.
6. Click Change keyboards or other input methods.
Enabling Hangul – English Writing Tool
7. Under Region and Language window, click the Keyboard and Languages tab.
8. Click Change Keyboard.
9. Text Services and Input Languages – Installed Services – Add – Scroll down and find Korean (Korea) – Click ‘+’ sign beside it – Put a check beside Korean – Click OK.
10. Still under Text Services and Input Languages – Default input language – Choose Korean (Korea) Korean.
11. Don’t forget to save your selections. Click Apply – OK.
How to use the Korean/Language Bar (Write in Korean)
a. The Language Bar will show from the lower-right hand corner of the screen (beside Windows Time). If you see EN, click it and change it to KO.
b. Click the keyboard Icon beside KO and choose Microsoft EMI.
c. Click the Letter A icon and change it to 가. (See screenshot below) To change back keyboard default text to English, change KO to EN or change 가 to A icon .
Recognizing Hangul Characters on Korean Softwares (Non-Unicode Programs)
*Do this if you frequently install Korean softwares on your PC. Instead of showing Hangul Characters as a series of annoying symbols (☐☐☐☐☐☐). Do this and it will show you the real hangul characters embedded on the software.
12. Still under Region and Language window, click the Administrative tab.
13. Click Change System Locale – Choose Korean (Korea) from the drop-down menu.
14. Click OK. Reboot to take effect. You previous installations will not be auto-corrected. Reinstall it again.
Changing the whole system’s language to Korean.
*Do this if you know how to write and read Hangul.
15. Still Under Region and Language window, click the Keyboard and Languages tab.
16. Display Language – Choose Hangul form the drop down menu.
17. Reboot to take effect.
This is very helpful to those who wanted to practice writing in Hangul. You only need a keyboard with Hangul Characters. If you can’t buy it in any computer stores near your place, try to purchase a korean keyboard sticker instead. Those are available in eBAY. The price usually ranges from $1.50-$4.00.